March 29, 2010

Key Lime Pie Murder (Book 9) by Joanne Fluke

The yummy [ninth] small-town cozy from Fluke (after 2006's Cherry Cheesecake Murder) finds sometime sleuth Hannah Swensen, owner of the Cookie Jar in Lake Eden, Minn., judging the baking contest at the Tri-County Fair. When one of her fellow judges, home economics teacher Willa Sunquist, is murdered, Hannah determines to sniff out the killer. Was it a man from Willa's mysterious past? Or a student she flunked? Fluke has developed a charming supporting cast—Hannah's besotted (and slightly spineless) two suitors, her overbearing but likable mother, her endearing sisters and her levelheaded business partner all feel like friends by the time the murder is solved. The dozens of tempting recipes Fluke includes are an added treat. (Mar.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

This is yet another case of too much time lapsing between finishing and writing the review. I listened to Key Lime Pie Murder in late February and I'm writing this a month later. Even though I know there are many more books featuring Hannah after this one, there was one (maybe two?) time(s) that I can remember being afraid for Hannah's life. I really do enjoy listening this series on audio. The books are fun to read/listen to.


Title: Key Lime Pie Murder
Author: Joanne Fluke
ISBN:9781428132535 (audio)
Pages: 9 CDs - 342 pages in the Hardcover edition
Published by: Recorded Books (March 2007)
Catagories: Fiction, Cozy Mystery, Culinary, Series
Source: I borrowed this audio book from my public library.
Grade: B+ What does this grade mean?

Challenges: tiny - 100+tiny - SYLLtiny - audio book


Books in this series:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swenson Mystery, #1)
Strawberry Shortcake Murder (Hannah Swenson Mystery, #2)
Blueberry Muffin Murder (Hannah Swenson Mystery, #3)
Lemon Meringue Pie Murder (Hannah Swenson Mystery, #4)
Fudge Cupcake Murder (Hannah Swenson Mystery, #5)
Sugar Cookie Murder (Hannah Swenson Mystery, #6)
Peach Cobbler Murder (Hannah Swenson Mystery, #7)
Cherry Cheesecake Murder (Hannah Swenson Mystery, #8)
Key Lime Pie Murder (Hannah Swenson Mystery, #9)**
Carrot Cake Murder (Hannah Swenson Mystery, #10)
Cream Puff Murder (Hannah Swenson Mystery, #11)
Plum Pudding Murder (Hannah Swenson Mystery, #12)
Apple Turnover Murder (Hannah Swenson Mystery, #13)
**This review.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts and that you were here. I read all of your comments. If you are commenting on a post that is from 14 or more days ago, your comment will have to be approved before it appears.

I try to respond to all comments. I will respond either right here in the comment section of this post, on your own blog or through email. =)

~Kylee

IMPORTANT: Kylee's Journal Disclosure

In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kylee's Journal would like everyone to know that the books reviewed on my blog were either provided to me by the publisher/the author for free OR were purchased by me OR were borrowed from the library. Books recieved for free do not get special treatment, if I don't like something, I either will not finish it (DNF) or I will struggle through to the end; both get reviews posted here.
~KyleeJ