December 23, 2009

Three day Bloggiesta


Pedro!
Plan. Edit. Develop. Review. Organize.

Mark your calenders for the second edition of the Bloggiesta on January 8th, 9th and 10th, 2010! What a perfect time to do some blog housekeeping, sprucing up and prepping the blog for a new year of fantastic blogging.
After feedback from the last Bloggiesta, we will be partying for three days instead of two! Details are below.
Some of you may be asking what is Bloggiesta? In short, it’s a blogging marathon. A opportunity to cross those nagging items off of your to-do list and improve your blog while in the good company of other awesome bloggers doing the same thing. Break out the nachos, enchiladas, drinks, mariachi music and whack a pinata or two!


OKAY! Here is my list of things to accomplish during Bloggiesta!




Write at least 6 back up posts -- I can't strike this one. While, I didn't write 6 posts, I did do some brainstorming and link hopping and have come up with 9 blog post topics.


clean up my tags My new template helped with that.


change or maybe just tweak my template I think I've found it a new template. I looks good on my test blog and I even had a friend test drive it for me.


make a new header My new template helped with that.


create a post that links to all of my challenges and list personal reading goals (I've made this list but it's only on paper at the moment.)


create Google doc templates for different posts:
  • challenge update post (one for each challenge OR one that encompasses all)
  • Library Loot
  • Monthly Reading Wrap-up
  • thin out my GoogleReader
UPDATES:
I worked Friday night from 7:35 until 9:05! {30 minutes}

I worked from 7:00 am to 7:30am on Saturday. I was hoping to have more time, but my 3yo and hubs woke up. I did manage to save all of my widgets in preparation for changing my template! {30 minutes}

I worked from 4pm to 6pm. Changed my template, added my widgets back in, rearranged the 57 million times and adjusted some of my posts so that they now work with the new "Read more" feature with this template. Now I must feed myself and my family. {2 hours}

Another 90 mins done. I created drafts for a challenge update post, a Library Loot post, and a Monthly Wrap-Up post. I also looked at some ProBlogger articles and used Google's Wonder Wheel to come up with 9 post topics.

Total time so far: 4.5 hours

2 comments:

  1. I plan to come along to the Bloggiesta, too. I don't know how much time I can put in on the weekend, but it will be a great motivator to cross some items off my list.

    Good luck with your Bloggiesta tasks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts and that you were here. I read all of your comments. If you are commenting on a post that is from 14 or more days ago, your comment will have to be approved before it appears.

I try to respond to all comments. I will respond either right here in the comment section of this post, on your own blog or through email. =)

~Kylee

IMPORTANT: Kylee's Journal Disclosure

In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kylee's Journal would like everyone to know that the books reviewed on my blog were either provided to me by the publisher/the author for free OR were purchased by me OR were borrowed from the library. Books recieved for free do not get special treatment, if I don't like something, I either will not finish it (DNF) or I will struggle through to the end; both get reviews posted here.
~KyleeJ