May 23, 2012

Review of: DEADLOCKED by Charlaine Harris

With Felipe de Castro, the Vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), in town, it’s the worst possible time for a body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.

Now, it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.













---------------------------
I've read a couple of other people's reviews of DEADLOCKED that were not entirely favorable. For me DEADLOCKED was great! I don't mind the lack of Eric. I confess to being on Team Sam! In my humble opinion, he is the best for Sookie of the current (Eric, Bill, Quinn, Alcide) men in her life. 

Sookie has a birthday in DEADLOCKED (a big one if I remember correctly). Quite a lot goes on during the few weeks that DEADLOCKED covers. Babies are born, one particular character disappears for most of the book, magic items may or may not have been used, there is an engagement! 



I don't want to give away too much. DEADLOCKED, for me, felt like the beginning of the series. A lot is packed into these 327 pages. The last few books have fallen flat for me, DEADLOCKED did not!


Title: Deadlocked
Author: Charline Harris
ISBN:9781937007447
Pages: 327
Published by: Ace Hardcover (May 2012)
Source: Public Library (I got on the list for this back in February!)
Grade: B+ What does this grade mean?


Books in this series:
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)
Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2)
Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3)
Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4)
Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)
Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6)
All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7)
From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8)
Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9)
Dead in the Family  (Sookie Stackhouse, #10)
A Touch of Dead Contains 5 short stories that fit in between some of the books in this series. 
Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11)
Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse, #12)**


This series on FictFact. Sookie Stackhouse (Southern Vampire)

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts and that you were here. I read all of your comments. If you are commenting on a post that is from 14 or more days ago, your comment will have to be approved before it appears.

I try to respond to all comments. I will respond either right here in the comment section of this post, on your own blog or through email. =)

~Kylee

IMPORTANT: Kylee's Journal Disclosure

In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kylee's Journal would like everyone to know that the books reviewed on my blog were either provided to me by the publisher/the author for free OR were purchased by me OR were borrowed from the library. Books recieved for free do not get special treatment, if I don't like something, I either will not finish it (DNF) or I will struggle through to the end; both get reviews posted here.
~KyleeJ