May 2, 2012

Review of: RIVER MARKED by Patricia Briggs

Car mechanic Mercy Thompson has always known there was something different about her, and not just the way she can make a VW engine sit up and beg. Mercy is a shapeshifter, a talent she inherited from her long-gone father. She’s never known any others of her kind. Until now.

An evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River—one that her father’s people may know something about. And to have any hope of surviving, Mercy and her mate, the Alpha werewolf Adam, will need their help.










---------------------------
In the beginning of River Marked we see Stefan has fallen into what he calls a fugue. He is very depressed and hasn't replaced the members of his menagerie that Marsilia "broke". Stefan and what is left of his household are in pretty bad shape. Mercy tries to help and gets harassed for her trouble. But this is Mercedes Thompson, she gives just as good as she gets. =)

Mercy and Adam get married! I won't say much more because it happened in a really sweet way and I don't want to ruin it.

On their honeymoon, Mercy see her father's ghost. The scene had me almost in tears. In River Marked we also meet Coyote, Hawk, Wolf, Thunderbird and a few other Native American gods. I found the Native elements of this book really interesting. My oldest daughter has some Micmac (completely different part of the country) blood in her and off and on she has been curious to learn more about that part of her heritage, as have I. 

There is a "river monster" that is the big bad in River Marked. The creature sort of ties together this new Native American storyline with the Fae. Took me a while to get into, but I think that was more due to mundane everyday stuff getting in the way of my reading time. Once I was able to be still enough I really got sucked in and finished the last 2/3 of the book in a day.


Title: River Marked
Author: Patricia Briggs
ISBN: 9780441019731
Pages: 326
Published by: Ace Hardcover (March 2011)
Categories: Fiction, Paranormal, Romance, Series, Vampire, Werewolf, Walker
Source: Public Library
Books in this series:
Homecoming (a graphic novel prequel)
Moon Called 
Blood Bound 
Iron Kissed
Bone Crossed
Silver Borne
River Marked **
Frost Burned (coming February 2013)
**This review.

This series on FictFact. Mercedes (Mercy) Thompson

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts and that you were here. I read all of your comments. If you are commenting on a post that is from 14 or more days ago, your comment will have to be approved before it appears.

I try to respond to all comments. I will respond either right here in the comment section of this post, on your own blog or through email. =)

~Kylee

IMPORTANT: Kylee's Journal Disclosure

In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kylee's Journal would like everyone to know that the books reviewed on my blog were either provided to me by the publisher/the author for free OR were purchased by me OR were borrowed from the library. Books recieved for free do not get special treatment, if I don't like something, I either will not finish it (DNF) or I will struggle through to the end; both get reviews posted here.
~KyleeJ