January 25, 2010

On Blogging from New England


I recently received an email from Elizabeth at Thoughts from an Evil Overlord, the originator of the New England Bloggers list. That list is approaching it's one year anniversary! While I have only been apart of it for a few months, but Elizabeth asked me to contribute to the celebration.

One of my favorite things about living in New England is the fall foliage. My fiance and I have made it a tradition to make it to Castle Craig here in Connecticut every October. Being that this IS Connecticut, the weather does not always cooperate with peak leaf peeping weekend. We didn't make it to Castle Craig in 2009, but we did go in 2008. I'd like to share some of those pictures with you.




















A couple of years ago my mom and step-dad purchased a home and land in Maine. They still live here in CT, but one or two weekends a month they go up there (it's a 5-6 hour drive) and they also spend some longer vacation weeks there. The last 2 summers we were lucky enough to spend about a week at their house in Franklin County. It's a long drive with two kids that are 12 years apart, but we always have fun once we get there!




















6 comments:

  1. Great post, Kylee! I love the pic of Sarah-Ellen snuggling Rheagan, that's one to frame. I go to Maine every summer and often see that blue weed and I always wonder what it is, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylee...Great post. I enjoyed your photographic tour of our beautiful New England.

    I participated as well.

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-birthday-new-england-bloggers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello fellow New England blogger!!! Great post!!! Fabulous photos of our beautiful New England!!! I am in MA but I looooove Maine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding me of my favorite time of year here in New England.......

    Tinky
    http://www.ourgrandmotherskitchens.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures...I agree, fall is so beautiful here in New England!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The plural of moose is moose. Take it from a Mainer! (although I once told my NY boss the plural was meece. lol)

    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts and that you were here. I read all of your comments. If you are commenting on a post that is from 14 or more days ago, your comment will have to be approved before it appears.

I try to respond to all comments. I will respond either right here in the comment section of this post, on your own blog or through email. =)

~Kylee

IMPORTANT: Kylee's Journal Disclosure

In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kylee's Journal would like everyone to know that the books reviewed on my blog were either provided to me by the publisher/the author for free OR were purchased by me OR were borrowed from the library. Books recieved for free do not get special treatment, if I don't like something, I either will not finish it (DNF) or I will struggle through to the end; both get reviews posted here.
~KyleeJ