January 13, 2010

Review of: Fugitive (The Cat Star Chronicles, #5) by Cheryl Brooks


When a Zetithian fugitive meets a beautiful Earth woman, their passion may cost them both their lives…

Manx is a Zetithian fugitive with a feline gene that gives him remarkable sexual powers. He has been in hiding in the remote jungles of Barada Seven ever since being marked for extermination by the violent Nedwuts.

Artist Drusilla arrives on Barada Seven, enticed only by the promise of finding a nature paradise there. But she discovers a wildlife she wasn't expecting when she encounters Manx. Reckless with desire for the beautiful Earth woman, Manx risks his life to win her as his mate.

To start off, I haven't read any of the first four books in this series (listed below). I don't think this in any way impeded my experience. I do plan on reading the others though. I enjoyed Fugitive. I do want to go back and read the other four books though. I want to do this for two reasons:
  1. The 'steamy' scenes are really well written. They get the desired affect without being vulgar or boring (IMO).
  2. The premise is really interesting and I want to know more about Cat and the others that seemed like they are main characters in the other books, but were fairly minor in this one.
Poor Drusilla Chevrault, her last boyfriend was just using her for her fame. She escapes the gossips by going to a tourist haven, the planet Barada Seven, at the urging of her agent, Ralph. All she needed was the promise of new and beautiful wildlife, birds specifically, that she could paint. Little does she know that there is already someone that was staying in the guest house. Though the don't meet right away, Manx was staying there. He lives in the house when there are no tourists using it. Normally Manx stays far away from the house when it is occupied. This time he doesn't seem to be able to help himself. He feels drawn to Drusilla; her scent.

Now, in my opinion, the "feline gene" mentioned above is a bit misleading. I took it to mean that he was "created" somehow, but he is from a planet that I am assuming is similar to ours. Their entire species is feline-like. That planet no longer exists.

There is so much great sexual tension in Fugitive. It is definitely a MATURE book, but if that doesn't bother you, definitely check it out. I would classify it as a stand alone, but it is probably best to read the series in order to get all of the back-story.

NOTE: My thanks to Grammar Girl for help with the internal question: "Do I want affect or effect?"

Challenges: none, I read Fugitive in 2009.
Title: Fugitive (The Cat Star Chronicles, #5)
Author: Cheryl Brooks - author's blog, be aware that it contains adult content -- especially on Wednesdays! =)
ISBN: 9781402229404
Pages: 384
Published by: Sourcebooks Casablanca (January 1, 2010)
Genre(s): Fiction, Erotica, Romance, Series
Source: Sourcebooks provided me with an advanced copy. Thanks Danielle!
Grade: B- What does this grade mean?

Other reviews:

If you have read and reviewed Fugitive by Cheryl Brooks please let me know and I will add it here. kylee.journal AT gmail.com

Books in this series:
Slave (Cat Star Chronicles, #1)
Warrior (Cat Star Chronicles, #2)
Rogue (Cat Star Chronicles, #3)
Outcast (Cat Star Chronicles, #4)
**Fugitive (Cat Star Chronicles, #5)

**This review

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts and that you were here. I read all of your comments. If you are commenting on a post that is from 14 or more days ago, your comment will have to be approved before it appears.

I try to respond to all comments. I will respond either right here in the comment section of this post, on your own blog or through email. =)

~Kylee

IMPORTANT: Kylee's Journal Disclosure

In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kylee's Journal would like everyone to know that the books reviewed on my blog were either provided to me by the publisher/the author for free OR were purchased by me OR were borrowed from the library. Books recieved for free do not get special treatment, if I don't like something, I either will not finish it (DNF) or I will struggle through to the end; both get reviews posted here.
~KyleeJ