February 3, 2010

Review of: When the Soul Mends (Sister's of the Quilt, #3) by Cindy Woodsmall

Rumors and lies left Hannah’s life in tatters; can the truth possibly stitch it back together? 

Having fled in disgrace more than two years earlier, Hannah finally has found happiness in the Englischer world, as well as love with Martin Palmer, a man with whom she can safely entrust her heart. But almost immediately after her arrival in Owl’s Perch, the disapproval of those who ostracized her reopens old wounds.

As Hannah encounters former fiance Paul Waddell, truths unknown to her surface about the events during her absence and she faces an agonizing decision. Will she choose the Englischer world and the man who restored her hope, or will she return to the Plain Life-and perhaps her first love? 



When the Soul Mends is the third in Cindy Woodsmall's Sister's of the Quilt trilogy. As I got close to finishing When the Soul Mends (around 30 pages to go) I was beginning to wonder if the series was going to have a 4th book. I couldn't see how Hannah was going end up with the man that I thought she should be with.



In When the Soul Mends Hannah, having been called home by her younger sister Sarah, begins to split her time between the home she has created with Martin, Kevin and Lissa Palmer in Alliance, Ohio and her family's home in Owl's Perch, Pennsylvania. I really can't say too much about what happens to Hannah, Sarah, Mary and Luke and their friends, Paul Waddell, and Matthew Esh without spoiling the other two books for anyone.


None of the books in this series - When the Heart Cries (book 1), When the Morning Comes book 2) - are not stand-alone books. I suppose, technically, When the Heart Cries is a stand-alone book, but with the cliff hanger ending it has... I don't know how you couldn't continue on with the series.


The only "spoiler" I will share is that, in my opinion, Hannah ends up with the right man.


Title: When the Soul Mends
Author: Cindy Woodsmall
ISBN: 9781400072941
Pages: 336
Published by: WaterBrook Press (September 2008)
Genre(s): Amish Christian Fiction
Source: Library
Grade: B+ What does this grade mean?
Challenges:
tiny - 100+tiny - SYLL



Books in this series:
When the Heart Cries
When the Morning Comes
** When the Soul Mends: A Novel
**This review.

1 comment:

  1. I had the same feeling when I read this book: I was wondering how on earth she was going to end up with the right guy when there weren't that many pages left! This was a great trilogy. I listened to the audiobook versions for all three books and they kept me on the edge of my seat, especially since there was a waiting list for them at the library. Even though this is classified as Christian fiction, my non-Christian coworkers enjoyed the series as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts and that you were here. I read all of your comments. If you are commenting on a post that is from 14 or more days ago, your comment will have to be approved before it appears.

I try to respond to all comments. I will respond either right here in the comment section of this post, on your own blog or through email. =)

~Kylee

IMPORTANT: Kylee's Journal Disclosure

In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kylee's Journal would like everyone to know that the books reviewed on my blog were either provided to me by the publisher/the author for free OR were purchased by me OR were borrowed from the library. Books recieved for free do not get special treatment, if I don't like something, I either will not finish it (DNF) or I will struggle through to the end; both get reviews posted here.
~KyleeJ