September 8, 2010

Review of: The Big Dirt Nap by Rosemary Harris

The Big Dirt Nap (Dirty Business Series #2)Something stinks to Paula Holliday, and it isn't just the corpse flower, titan arum, named for its off-putting fragrance. When Paula's friend Lucy asks her to tag along on an all-expense-paid junket to the Titans Hotel, it seems like a good idea. Paula even manages to squeeze a few bucks and a byline out of the local paper for writing an article on the titan arum, a rare flower that's just about to bloom and on display at the hotel. But when her friend is unavoidably detained, a would-be suitor is found with a gaping hole in his head, and the corpse flower refuses to bloom, the entire venture starts to seem less like a good idea.


---------------------------
The mystery in The Big Dirt Nap takes place mainly at a hotel and near by reservation about an hour from fictional Springfield, CT. Some of the characters from Pushing Up Daisies (book 1, Dirty Business series) reappear, but we also get to meet some new folks. My favorite is Hector, a security guard at Titans. 
Once we were away from the real cops, Hector slowed down and regained some of his swagger. He may have even shot his cuffs.
I totally did not see the ending coming. I could connect the dots in hindsight, though. I read so many mysteries and being caught unaware like this does not happen very often.

Title: The Big Dirt Nap
Author: Rosemary Harris {website}
ISBN:9780312372224
Pages: 288
Published by: Minotaur Books (February 2010)
Categories: Fiction, Mystery, Series
Source: author
Challenges: 100+ Reading Challenge

Books in this series:
Pushing Up Daisies
The Big Dirt Nap**
Dead Head
**This review.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts and that you were here. I read all of your comments. If you are commenting on a post that is from 14 or more days ago, your comment will have to be approved before it appears.

I try to respond to all comments. I will respond either right here in the comment section of this post, on your own blog or through email. =)

~Kylee

IMPORTANT: Kylee's Journal Disclosure

In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kylee's Journal would like everyone to know that the books reviewed on my blog were either provided to me by the publisher/the author for free OR were purchased by me OR were borrowed from the library. Books recieved for free do not get special treatment, if I don't like something, I either will not finish it (DNF) or I will struggle through to the end; both get reviews posted here.
~KyleeJ