September 9, 2010

Library Loot - September - Week 2



Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire @ The Captive Reader and Marg @ Reading Adventures that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

Here are the books that I have checked out right now:

Challenge books

Reaghan's current books checked out
Go, Dog. Go!Super Fly GuyThe Bird House
Go Dog, Go! by PD Eastman
Super Fly Guy by Tedd Arnold
The Bird House by Cynthia Rylant, Illustrator Barry Moser
The Island of the SkogWormy Worm (Thingy Things)Rosie'S Walk
The Island of the Skog by Steven Kellogg
Wormy Worm by Chris Raschka
Rosie's Walk by Pat Hutchins
How Rocket Learned to Read
How Rocket Learned to Read by Tad Hills

"Chapter" book(s) checked out
The Complete Tales
The Complete Tales by Beatrix Potter

Checked out for myself just because
Choke
Choke by Chuck Palahniuk -- A friend, Tait, recommended it.

Book images and links provided by GoodReads.com

6 comments:

  1. The Terrorist sounds interesting. I hadn't heard about the banned books challenge. I might look into that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Caroline B. Cooney! That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I loved her Janie books when I was younger and Flight 116 is Down was also a favourite. I only vaguely remember The Terrorist but I hope you find it interesting.

    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @prariejournals -- I've read mixed reviews for The Terrorist, but I've read 3 other books by the author that I liked.

    @Claire -- I haven't read Flight 116 is Down, but I have read Enter Three Witches, Burning Up, and Goddess of Yesterday. Liked all 3 of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choke is interesting as are all of Palahniuk's books. I read it a long time ago and it still stays with me. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I used to love Caroline B. Cooney! I haven't read anything of hers in years!

    BTW, I've never heard of the Are You Dense campaign. I think that is awesome. That's what likely saved my Mom's life, early detection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mollie- I heard about it recently on my local weekend morning show when the founder was being interviewed. Having worked with doctors, this was something I already knew and keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts and that you were here. I read all of your comments. If you are commenting on a post that is from 14 or more days ago, your comment will have to be approved before it appears.

I try to respond to all comments. I will respond either right here in the comment section of this post, on your own blog or through email. =)

~Kylee

IMPORTANT: Kylee's Journal Disclosure

In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kylee's Journal would like everyone to know that the books reviewed on my blog were either provided to me by the publisher/the author for free OR were purchased by me OR were borrowed from the library. Books recieved for free do not get special treatment, if I don't like something, I either will not finish it (DNF) or I will struggle through to the end; both get reviews posted here.
~KyleeJ