March 3, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays {3-3-09}

  • Grab your current read
  • Let the book fall open to a random page
  • Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from ... that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
  • Please avoid SPOILERS.
 Léon at once envied the calm of the tomb, and one evening he had even made his will, asking to be buried in that beautiful rug with velvet stripes he had received from her. For this was how they would have wished to be, each setting up  an ideal to which they were now adapting their past life.

This week's Teasers come from Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel/react to this book, but I'm finding myself relating to portions of Emma. Don't forget to go to MizB's blog for more tempting Teasers!

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read that book in a long time. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't finish this book. I need to get with it.

    mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the book years ago and remember just being very frustrated with Emma. But I think I was going through a feminist phase at the time - I might have more patience with her now. Good teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been on my shelf for a long time. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts and that you were here. I read all of your comments. If you are commenting on a post that is from 14 or more days ago, your comment will have to be approved before it appears.

I try to respond to all comments. I will respond either right here in the comment section of this post, on your own blog or through email. =)

~Kylee

IMPORTANT: Kylee's Journal Disclosure

In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kylee's Journal would like everyone to know that the books reviewed on my blog were either provided to me by the publisher/the author for free OR were purchased by me OR were borrowed from the library. Books recieved for free do not get special treatment, if I don't like something, I either will not finish it (DNF) or I will struggle through to the end; both get reviews posted here.
~KyleeJ