November 16, 2008

2009 - 100+ Reading Challenge


I wasn't going to join this challenge becasue I didn't think I could read so many books in one year. I've decided that it's okay to 'fail' the challenge. I want to give it a shot; the worst that can happen is I won't read 100 books. No one is going to hunt me down if I come up short. =)

Go here for full rules. All books count for this challenge. Challenge runs from January 1, 2009 to December 31, 2009. I will update this post as books are finished. I will link the titles to the reviews as they are written.

  1. Emily Post: Daughter of the Gilded Age, Mistress of American Manners by Laura Claridge
  2. The Smart One by Ellen Meister [reviewed for IJustFinished]
  3. Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
  4. Specials by Scott Westerfeld
  5. A Day at the Beach with My Dad by Lance Waite
  6. King's Fool by Margaret Campbell Barnes (ARC of re-release; review will post on Saturday March 28th)
  7. Baron Thinks Dogs Are People Too! by Laurie Dean
  8. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
  9. Alanna (Song of the Lioness, Book 1) by Tamora Pierce
  10. The Crimes of Paris by Dorothy Hoobler and Thomas Hoobler
  11. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Frank L Baum
  12. The Unfinished Clue by Georgette Heyer
  13. Girls in Trucks by Katie Crouch
  14. Wild Cherry Makes a Wish by Pippa le Quesne
  15. Behold, Here's Poison by Georgette Heyer
  16. Follow Me by Joanna Scott
  17. Jasmine's Starry Night by Kay Woodward
  18. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe
  19. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
  20. Kushiel's Justice by Jacqueline Carey
  21. Strange Angels by Lili St Crow
  22. Poppy's Perfect Home by Cicely Mary Barker
  23. Naamah's Kiss by Jacqueline Carey
  24. Mating Rituals of the North American WASP by Lauren Lipton
  25. LOST Ate My Life by Jon "DocArzt" Lachonis and Amy "hijinx" Johnston
  26. Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey
  27. Kushiel's Mercy by Jacqueline Carey
  28. Shimmer by Eric Barnes
  29. Testimony: A Novel by Anita Shreve
  30. I Love Chocolate by Davide Cali
  31. Bradley McGogg, the Very Fine Frog by Tim Beiser
  32. Four Wives by Wendy Walker
  33. Blood Orange Brewing (A Tea Shop Mystery #7) by Laura Childs
  34. Lord Peter : The Complete Lord Peter Wimsey Stories by Dorothy Sayers
  35. Magyk (Septimus Heap #1) by Angie Sage
  36. Flyte (Septimus Heap #2) by Angie Sage
  37. The Berry Best Friends' Picnic by Jackie Glassman
  38. Strawberry Shortcake's Filly Friends by Megan E. Bryant
  39. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
  40. A Lion Among Men (The Wicked Years, Book 3) by Gregory Maguire
  41. The Painter from Shanghai by Jennifer Epstein
  42. Enter Three Witches by Caroline B. Cooney
  43. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
  44. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
  45. Goddess of Yesterday by Caroline B. Cooney
  46. Burning Up by Caroline B. Cooney
  47. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett
  48. The Treasures of Venice by Loucinda McGary
  49. The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by LJ Smith
  50. The Greatest Knight: The Unsung Story of the Queen's Champion by Elizabeth Chadwick
  51. The Tudor Rose: A Novel of Elizabeth of York by Margaret Campbell Barnes
  52. Tell Me Something True by Leila Cobo
  53. DW's Lost Blankie by Marc Brown
  54. Arthur's Birthday Surprise by Marc Brown
  55. Arthur's Computer Disaster by Marc Brown
  56. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
  57. Clifford's Halloween by Norman Bridwell
  58. The Very Noisy Night by Diana Hendry
  59. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling (audio)
  60. Bundle of Trouble by Diana Orgain
  61. What Alvin Wanted by Holly Keller
  62. Pumpkin Moon by Tim Preston
  63. Safari Animals by Paul Hess
  64. Smart Dog by Ralph Leemis
  65. And Tango Makes Three by Justin Richardson
  66. The Penderwick's by Jeanne Birdsall
  67. Looking for Alaska by John Green
  68. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
  69. Cleopatra's Daughter by Michele Moran
  70. My Screwdriver by Lyn Sandow
  71. Maisy Goes to the Museum by Lucy Cousins
  72. Arthur Writes a Story by Marc Brown
  73. The Berry Big Storm by Meagan E Bryant
  74. Please Say Please by Margery Cuyler
  75. Row Row Row Your Boat by Penny Dann
  76. My Drill by Lyn Sandow
  77. The Sound of Sleighbells by Cindy Woodsmall
  78. The Red Pony by John Steinbeck
There are 4 missing books. I'll have to go through my lists to figure out which are missing. =(
Last Updated: November 20, 2009

3 comments:

  1. Greetings! Just wanted to drop by and officially welcome you to the challenge. I am so glad you decided to join us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing this one just to read the lists of what people are reading all year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts and that you were here. I read all of your comments. If you are commenting on a post that is from 14 or more days ago, your comment will have to be approved before it appears.

I try to respond to all comments. I will respond either right here in the comment section of this post, on your own blog or through email. =)

~Kylee

IMPORTANT: Kylee's Journal Disclosure

In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kylee's Journal would like everyone to know that the books reviewed on my blog were either provided to me by the publisher/the author for free OR were purchased by me OR were borrowed from the library. Books recieved for free do not get special treatment, if I don't like something, I either will not finish it (DNF) or I will struggle through to the end; both get reviews posted here.
~KyleeJ